‘COVID Clean’ Training
What is ‘COVID Clean’ training?
‘COVID clean’ is nationally recognised training in infection prevention and control, designed for the retail, tourism, transport and logistics, hospitality, cleaning, security services and health (aged care and disability services) sectors.
What will I learn through ‘COVID Clean’ training?
The accredited training covers:
- Hand hygiene practices
- Effective surface cleaning
- Use of personal protective equipment
- Disposal of contaminated waste
- Hazard identification, control and reporting
- Appropriate protocols and responses in the event of an incident
- Knowledge of the basis of infection and transmission.
Upon successful completion of the training, participants will receive a Statement of Attainment.
Cost: $15 per enrolment
COVID clean’ training is subsidised by the Australian Government and the Government of South Australia. (Eligibility criteria apply – see overleaf)
A co-contribution of $15 per enrolment is payable by the individual or their employer.
Fee for Service arrangements can be made for individuals who do not meet the eligibility requirements or for additional participants per business site.
How is the ‘COVID Clean’ Training delivered?
Australian Workplace Training will deliver the ‘COVID clean’ training through the following nationally recognised Skill Sets:
- HLTSS00064 Infection Control Skill Set 1
- HLTSS00066 Infection Control Skill Set (Food Handling) 2
- HLTSS00067 Infection Control Skill Set (Transport and Logistics) 2
Skill sets comprise one unit of competency – either HLTINF0011, OR HLTINFCOV0012
To complete the ‘COVID clean’ training students will need to successfully achieve competency in both a theory component and a practical assessment.
Students enrolling into the course will complete the theory component online via our e-learning website, with the practical tasks to be completed in their workplace.
Students should aim to complete all requirements within a 6 week timeframe. All assessments are required to be completed by no later than 1 December 2020.
‘COVID clean’ training is available to individuals who are:
- Currently working in a customer-facing role, including business owners and supervisors, in retail, tourism, transport and logistics, hospitality, cleaning, security services, aged care or disability services in South Australia, AND
- An Australian or New Zealand citizen, permanent Australian resident or an eligible visa holder, AND
- 16 years or older and not enrolled at school.
‘COVID clean’ training is intended for delivery to one staff member per business site.
How do I enrol in “COVID Clean’ training?
If you would like to enrol please complete the Expression of Interest Form and email it through to us along with a copy of your photo ID.
Click here to download: COVID Clean – Expression of Interest Form
This form can be completed via a computer, however some individuals may have difficulty completing it on a phone/tablet or other software and may need to print out the form to complete.
If you are unable to download the form please email us and we can email the form out to you.
Once we receive your completed form and Photo ID we will check your eligibility and provide you with further information on enrolment/enrolment forms.
Please note that there are limited subsidised places are available.
If you would like to download a course flyer please click here: COVID Clean Training Information